Let’s face it: Work clothes can get boring. After weeks (if not seasons) of gravitating toward neutral colors, predictable silhouettes, and no-frills basics, piecing together outfits every morning can seem more like a chore than anything else. Try mixing things up this season with bold hues, like a pop of orange for the daring or a deep burgundy if you skew more shy. Alternatively, experiment with new shapes and styles. To help you mix up your office looks for fall—we pulled together 7 pieces to help get you started.
1. Topshop vest ($125; topshop.com): A vest is incredibly versatile. It can work in the office by taking the place of a blazer or as a great layering piece for tricky transitional weather. This bold red-orange pairs perfectly with navy, gray or tan.
2. Michael Kors watch ($195; shopbop.com): A tan strap is neutral, but it feels fresh against other bright colors.
3. J. Crew turtleneck ($90; jcrew.com): A navy turtleneck is the perfect base for adding color. Throw in some red or mustard or try to work in dark green, orange, cobalt, pink—really, any color!
RELATED: 8 Pieces You Need to Nail the Sophisticated Bombshell Look
4. Topshop Unique skirt ($360; net-a-porter.com): A mustard-colored skirt has been a must-have around our office. This suede style with patch pockets is a fall staple.
5. Le Pen bright colors set ($13; dickblick.com): If you are adding color to your look, you might as well add it to your desk.
6. Senso heels ($285; asos.com): Swap your black pumps for burgundy this season. They’re the new neutral.
7. Dior BB cream ($45; dior.com): Go for a clean face—this BB cream is great for a bit of coverage and moisture.