Although we’ve known for two weeks that Tommy Hilfiger planned to turn part of New York’s South Street Seaport into a carnival for his fall 2016 show, it didn’t make the event any less thrilling. Packed with major celebrities (hey, there Taylor Swift and Gigi Hadid!), twinkling lights (from fairground rides and paparazzi flashbulbs alike), and carnival food at every turn (mmmm, sliders), the evening was filled with buzz-worthy moments—here, we count down the top ten.
1. Guests were treated to a smorgasbord of delicious street food from the city’s best eateries, such as People’s Pops fruit popsicles, freshly made doughnuts from Dough, and Liddabit (maple flavored!) cotton candy.
Océan de donuts dans la fête foraine de Tommy Hilfiger, qui se lance cette saison dans la grande aventure du “see now, buy now”, en direct de la baie numéro 16, à New York. #tommynow #tommygigi @tommyhilfiger @gigihadid
2. Along with traditional carnival fixtures, there were manicure and temporary tattoo stations, along with a few shopping tents boasting the entire Tommy x Gigi collection.
3. Said carnival fixtures—including a Ferris wheel and arcade games—were (sadly) not up and running. Instead, guests were invited to use each as an Instagram opportunity. Based on the #TommyNow hashtag, many did.
4. The front row was packed with supermodels and buzzy reality stars alike, such as Olivia Palermo (aptly dressed in a striped slip dress), Yolanda Foster (there, of course, to support daughter Gigi on her big night), and Victoria’s Secret models Rachel Hilbert and Doutzen Kroes.
5. Kris Jenner also made an appearance with what appeared to be a giant engagement ring. Seeing as there’s been false alarms as to her relationship status before, this could very well be a publicity stunt—but here’s hoping it’s not. We’re always up for another Kardashian wedding!
6. Despite instructions from an intercom for guests to take their seats, a tidal wave of people stood up with their iPhones when Taylor Swift (who was dressed in an adorable nautical-inspired look from the new line—buy it here now!) and Martha Hunt made a surprise entrance.
7. Although infectious ’80s tunes, like “Relax” by Frankie Goes to Hollywood and “Obsession” by Animotion blared pre-show, the soundtrack switched to club beats by Rihanna and Beyoncé when the first model walked.
8. Speaking of the first model, that would be Gigi Hadid (she also held the lineup’s closing spot), who is not only the face of Tommy’s new autumn range, but helped design part of it. That said, the rest of the cast boasted a who’s who of it models as well: Hailey Baldwin, Stella Maxwell, Taylor Hill, and Devon Windsor.
9. The overall look was a playful mix of sailor-inspired silhouettes (many of which A-list members of the crowd were wearing) and ’90s-era Tommy; think bold primary colors, oversize hoodies, and slouchy overalls that wouldn’t be out of place in Salt-N-Pepa’s closet. This was confirmed by a special stand within the fairgrounds selling actual vintage take pieces from the brand’s early days.
10. The entire collection was see now, buy now and is currently available on tommy.com—for how long, though, we can’t say. Based on how fast stock was flying out of the on-site pop-up shops, we have a feeling inventory won’t last long. Click here to shop everything now!